One of the most pioneering calligraphers of our time. Wissam Shawkat developed and established this new script back in the early 2000’s which is a succinct contemporary approach to modern calligraphy. It’s aesthetic lies in the fusion and tension of fluidity and sharpness combined allowing for a classical take on modernity.
Artist and calligrapher Nawaf Al Rahmani who has carefully studied this script over the years will share the process and applications for a six session experience.
What you will learn:
- How do use the wooden reed nib and special inks for Arabic Calligraphy
- To create the letter forms and strokes consistently and to understand the proper angles required for this script
- the methods of connecting letters and creating words with cadences and visual flow particular to “Wissam”
- How to create designs and renderings that include and are not limited to Zoomography with the “Wissam” Script
Materials in your kit:
- Special wooden reed nib
- Special paper and writing surfaces
- Ink for Arabic Calligraphy
- Leeq ( Silk gauze)
- Detailed Workshop handbook
This workshop is organized and brought to you by TypeCal and YADAWI.